Friday, November 12, 2010

Coming out of my hole...

So yeah, it's been a big black hole on this side of the pond since ohhhh I started work and my life became consumed in the routine of 70+ hour work weeks. But alas, there have been a few moments of sweet relief...praise the Lord for national bank holidays in France!!!

Here are a few photos from 2 weeks ago when Yann and I headed east to the lovely town of Strasbourg. On the border of Germany and France, this lovely little town holds a special place in my heart as it was here in 2000 (10+ years ago!!??) that I came here as a fresh young college student to learn french and hang out with a group of girls - yayyy Whitworth!! Oh and yes, we did drink our share of vin chaud and hot chocolate, yummm...

It was a lovely fall weekend in November when Yann and I took the train over and in the spirit of all that is Franco-German, we ate our share of delicious food (sauerkraut, tarte flambée!) and drank fabulous beer.

Ahh it did our body a world of good to escape the noise and pollution of Paris and bask in the autumn sunshine...usually while eating and drinking by the quai of the quiet canals.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! She lives! I cannot wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strasbourg looks lovely in the fall, as do you newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete